Notes:LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED INTO THIS TOURNAMENT.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO REGISTER. Online registration is required and needs to be COMPLETED before the entry deadline. In the case of a technical problem, contact the USTA MV Junior Competition Program Manager at email@example.com or 913.322.4832 BEFORE THE ENTRY DEADLINE. If calling, be sure to leave a voicemail. The time stamp on the email or the voicemail needs to be BEFORE the entry deadline.
If you are not sure if you have registered correctly, you may check your registration two different ways:
1. Check the confirmation email sent to you by TennisLink. The email will indicate which events you are registered for. There will be an “s” next to the age division to indicate registration for singles, and a “d” next to the age division to indicate registration for doubles. Please note, that although you may have registered for doubles, you must still follow the process outlined below to be fully registered.
2. Check the “Applicants” tab on the tournament homepage. Next to your name you will see the event(s) and division(s) for which you have successfully registered. If you successfully registered with a partner your partner’s name will also appear on your registration.
Entering Multiple Age Divisions – When entries close, a player may be entered in up to two age divisions. The USTA Missouri Valley selects players for the singles main draws in the following order: 18, 16, 14, 12. Unless otherwise notified at firstname.lastname@example.org, a player entered in two divisions will be placed in the older age division should the player qualify for both divisions. If a player is entered in two age divisions and is selected into the older division, that player shall not be eligible for selection into the younger division and will be removed from the alternates list. If a player is not selected for the older division, that player is eligible for selection in the younger division and is eligible to be an alternate in the younger division but not the older division. If the player does not qualify for either division, the player will be placed on the alternates list of the younger age division and removed from the alternates list of the older age division as players can only be on the alternates list for one division.
Know the Rules, Respect The Tournament
The section is grateful for the hospitality extended by the member clubs and organizations hosting sanctioned tournaments. As a player, please show your consideration and appreciation while a guest during the tournament. Remember, the USTA Missouri Valley is committed to the principles of Positive Coaching Alliance. Please respect the rules, officials, other players, and tournament staff at all times and make this tournament a positive experience for everyone involved.
Please also make sure you know the rules and guidelines for this tournament by fully reviewing the information below:
This tournament is closed to amateurs and members and residents of the USTA Missouri Valley section.
Section: Level 3
The singles draw is limited to 32 players. The doubles draw is limited to 16 teams.
This tournament will use a full feed-in through the Round of 16 with a quarterfinal playoff. The 7th & 8th playoff match will not be played.
Selection-Players are selected into the tournament in the following order:
1. District Endorsement (Please check with your district for their endorsement process)
2. At Large: The remaining spots are selected based off the most recent MV Standings List published before the draws are made
Singles: Best of three tie break sets with a ten point tiebreak in lieu of the third
Doubles: 8 Game Pro-set, with 7 point tiebreak if score reaches 8-all.
Seeding for this tournament will based on the most recent USTA Missouri Valley Standing list used to accept players into the draw
This event is a Saturday-Monday tournament. Matches may begin as early as 8AM on Saturday.
Doubles - Players must play the same age division in singles and doubles, but you do not have to be in the singles draw to play doubles. Any doubles entries that are not done online, need to be emailed to the tournament director by the Monday before the start of the tournament.
There are two ways in which a team will be placed in the doubles draw.
1. If both members of the team sign up with each other online, and both have gained entry into singles they will be placed on the draw at the time of singles selection. BOTH partners must have indicated each other as partners to be considered. If both signed up together online, but one of the players did not make the singles draw, it will be necessary to follow step 2 below to confirm your registration
2. After on-line singles registration closes, a team may be placed in the draw by contacting the tournament director (information above) with your partner’s information by 12:00 PM on the Monday before the start of the tournament. Both partners need to contact the tournament director to verify the team. If both players do not confirm with the tournament director, the team will not be accepted into the draw. Again, if you registered for doubles correctly in step 1, but one player did not make the singles draw, please confirm with the tournament director that you would still like to be considered for doubles only. If you do not confirm, it will be assumed that you do not wish to play doubles.
If you do not have a partner, email the tournament director by the above deadline and let them know you would like to be placed into the blind draw. If you are placed in the blind draw, it is not guaranteed that there will be a partner for you. Teams in the blind draw are selected at random and there is not always an even number of players to be paired. Thanks for your understanding.
Please make every effort to secure a partner and register online correctly prior to the entry deadline. This requires your partners USTA number upon registration.
Withdraws and Refunds –Withdrawals done before entries close need to be done through the online registration process. Click on the "Withdraw" link in the Edit Registration box to complete. Your credit card will not be charged if you withdraw before the entry deadline. Click on the "Locate Confirmation Number" link if you have misplaced the confirmation number.
After the Entry Deadline: Withdrawals done after entries close need to be emailed to the tournament director at the address above. Refunds are not given for withdraws that happen in the 6 days before the start of the event. Written verification must be provided by a medical professional by the last scheduled day of the tournament for a withdrawal due to illness or injury. A written notice of the situation must be provided by the last scheduled day of the tournament for a withdrawal due to personal circumstance/emergency. The tournament committee will determine whether the situation is a personal circumstance/emergency. Failure to provide documentation will result in Suspension Points.
On-Site Alternates - Players who applied for entry into the tournament but were not accepted into the draw may choose to be an on-site alternate. On-site alternates will be listed in the order in which their names appear on the USTA MV Standing List that was used for selection. On-Site alternates MUST be on site for the first round of play in the age division for which they are an on-site alternate. Please contact the tournament director for further instructions.
Sportsmanship: The USTA Missouri Valley recognizes good sportsmanship at our events. At the conclusion of each event the tournament director selects one boy and one girl in each age division as a good sportsman. These players will be recognized on the tournament homepage and will also receive a $25 gift card to Tennis Warehouse.
Tennis Warehouse Discount: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/?from=ustamv
Thank you for participating in the tournament! Good luck!
USTA - Girls' 18 Doubles; Girls' 18 Singles