This activity is closed to further registration.
For parent and child drop in class, you and your child go on an exploration adventure together in the leisure pool. Please pay at front desk on the day you wish to join us. No class July 19.
Parent and Child Swim classes are based on ages 6 mos.- 3 years. In the Parent and Child Swim, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for infants and young children. In Parent and Child Swim, great experiences and fun activities are provided to teach infants and young children to:
- Enter and exit the water safely.
- Feel comfortable in the water.
- Submerge and explore breath control.
- Explore floating on the back and front.
- Change body position in the water.
- Play safely in the water.
- Experience wearing a life jacket.
Parents also learn how to hold and support your child in the water, how to select and fit a life jacket for your child, valuable water safety information to make your family safer in and around the water.
Toddler and Preschool
Breckenridge Recreation Department