This activity has been cancelled.
Get off the beaten path. Explore with mom and take a dip in the creek. We'll stop for some well-deserved ice cream on the drive back. Bring a large lunch, shoes to hike in, and a camera for great pictures.
This excursion is the perfect way to escape from the city and get some fun physical activity with your teens. It is important to note that this excursion requires some physical exertion but anyone with moderate to medium exercise ability will enjoy the hike. We aim to grow your skills as a future adventurer and it all starts here with a good gear list. Please bring the things you need to stay healthy, alert, and engaged.
Must Have Items:
- Water: 3 liters (That's about 1 Gallon)
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect you from the sun at times.
- Large Healthy Lunch: Not just a handful of granola bars, we are burning calories here.
- Backpack: sturdy enough to carry your lunch all your water.
- Clothing Hiking/Swimming: Bikinis are terrible for hiking in. Wear board shorts, hiking pants, or athletic clothing you can get wet.
- Shoes: Hiking boots or athletic shoes will be best. Sandals can be worn on the drive.
- Life Saving Medication: Asthmatics, diabetics, people with severe allergies. You must bring you emergency medications with you.
- Towel/dry clothes: we will leave these in the van so you can be dry and happy on the return trip.
Don't Bring Items:
- Valuable Items that could be broken or stolen.
- Large items that won't fit in a backpack. (Carrying a gallon of water outside of your pack is okay if you must)
- Glass containers of any kind.
- Weapons or fireworks. (small pocket knives are okay)
- Unhealthy foods like copious amounts of soda and candy.
Parents Please Note: Due to the remote areas we travel in, participants will be without cellular service at times. For any immediate excursion updates please contact EEC staff at (480)782-2890. If you or your student carries lifesaving medication or has any medical condition we should know about, please contact Dexter Belling at (480)782-2895 at least one week before the program.
We are thrilled to have you join us on these exciting adventures! For any other questions please contact Dexter Belling at (480)782-2895. See you soon!
Nature, Environment & Outdoors
Meet in the EEC Lobby
City of Chandler Parks and Recreation