This activity has been cancelled.
Get out on the open water and test your balance. Spent the day learning to control a Stand Up Paddle Board. Explore some really cool rock features and eat lunch on a secluded beach that you can't get to on foot. Get ready to make a splash!
Thank you for your interest in this program we are very excited to bring you exceptional adventures that will challenge you mentally and physically. Before you enroll however please consider the level of difficulty that accompanies this excursion. We think the best rewards are the ones you work hard for, and that's what we will be doing. Those of you with an adventurous spirit and a curious mind are invited to come explore Arizona's best hidden gems. We aim to grow your skills as a future adventurer and it all starts here with a good gear list. Please bring the things you need to stay healthy, alert, and engaged.
Must Have Items:
- Water: 3 liters (That's about 1 Gallon)
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, long sleeves and pants to protect you from the sun at times.
- Large Healthy Lunch: Not just a handful of granola bars, we are burning calories here.
- Backpack: sturdy enough to carry your lunch all your water.
- Clothing for Swimming: Wear board shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Athletic clothing that dries quickly is great. You will want to have full range of motion but also some protection from the sun
- Shoes: Wear shoes that you can get wet. Sandals are acceptable if they strap on tight and have a solid sole. No flippy floppies.
- Life Saving Medication: Asthmatics, diabetics, people with severe allergies. You must bring you emergency medications with you.
- Towel/dry clothes: we will leave these in the van so you can be dry and happy on the return trip.
Don't Bring Items:
- Valuable Items that could be broken or stolen.
- Large items that won't fit in a backpack. (Carrying a gallon of water outside of your pack is okay if you must)
- Glass containers of any kind.
- Weapons or fireworks. (small pocket knives are okay)
- Unhealthy foods like copious amounts of soda and candy.
Parents Please Note: Due to the remote areas we travel in, participants will be without cellular service at times. For any immediate excursion updates please contact EEC staff at (480)782-2890. If your student carries lifesaving medication or has any medical condition we should know about, please contact Dexter Belling at (480)782-2895 at least one week before the program.
We are thrilled to have you join us on these exciting adventures! For any other questions please contact Dexter Belling at (480)782-2895. See you soon!
Nature, Environment & Outdoors
Meet in the EEC Lobby
City of Chandler Parks and Recreation