Picacho Peak Summit Hike Excursion
Nov 05 (Saturday)
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Environmental Education Center
Nov 05, 2016
Each Saturday from 08:00 AM to 03:00 PM
This activity has been cancelled.
It?s a four-mile-round-trip, harkening to the likes of Camelback Mountain and Piestewa Peak. Steel cables and planks help nervous hikers overcome the steepest parts, and the view at the top of the surrounding desert is well worth the effort. Transportation is provided from the EEC.
Thank you for your interest in this program we are very excited to bring you exceptional adventures that will challenge you mentally and physically. Before you enroll however please know that this hike requires hard work. We think the best rewards are the ones you work hard for, and that's what we will be doing. Those of you with an adventurous spirit and a curious mind are invited to come explore Arizona's best hidden gems. We aim to grow your skills as a future adventurer and it all starts here with a good gear list. Please bring the things you need to stay healthy, alert, and engaged.
Must Have Items:
- Water: 3 liters (That's about 1 Gallon). Large hydration packs are great if you have one to bring.
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
- Large Healthy Lunch: Not just a handful of granola bars, we are burning calories here.
- Backpack: sturdy enough to carry your lunch, a jacket, and all your water.
- Clothing: Athletic clothing you have full range of motion in. Jacket or extra layer of clothing in case the weather changes quickly.
- Shoes: Hiking boots or athletic shoes will work. No sandals please.
- Life Saving Medication: Asthmatics, diabetics, people with severe allergies. You must bring you emergency medications with you.
- Camera (not a must have item): for awesome pictures. (at your own risk)
Don't Bring Items:
- Valuable Items that could be broken or stolen.
- Large items that won't fit in a backpack.
- Glass containers of any kind.
- Weapons or fireworks. (small pocket knives are okay)
- Unhealthy foods like copious amounts of soda and candy.
Parents Please Note: Due to the remote areas we travel in, participants will be without cellular service at times. For any immediate excursion updates please contact EEC staff at (480)782-2890. If your student carries lifesaving medication or has any medical condition we should know about, please contact Dexter Belling at (480)782-2895 at least one week before the program.
We are thrilled to have you join us on these exciting adventures! For any other questions please contact Dexter Belling at (480)782-2895. See you soon!
Nature, Environment & Outdoors
Meet in the EEC Lobby
City of Chandler Parks and Recreation