We're sorry, but this class is over. The last meeting was Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
Available to students via teacher recommendation or placement audition.
After additional time in the program, students advance to expanded 90-minute classes in order to deepen engagement and further develop technique, musical skills and knowledge.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
- to play scales and arpeggios in major and minor keys
- to play, major, minor, diminished, augmented and seventh chords
- to count complex rhythms
- to play guitar repertoire in a variety of styles from different genres of music
- to improvise melodies over a series of chord changes
- to identify common intervals aurally and visually
Classes meet once per week for 90 MINUTES (30 weeks)
Merit School of Music