CLW - Spice It Up for Autism for Individuals
Dec 03 (Saturday)
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Ages 1-99 · Co-Ed
Clearwater YMCA Branch
CHILI & SALSA
COOKOFF FOR AUTISM
It's bigger than ever, and were taking it outside - it's the Spice It Up Chili & Salsa Cookoff for Autism, which benefits Camp COAST at the Clearwater YMCA.
Businesses, organizations and individuals alike will compete to take home the crown!
This year, a salsa contest has been added, and there will be games, crafts, bounce houses and Great Explorations.
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 3, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
REGISTRATION ENTRY FEE:
- $50 for professionals
- $25 for amateurs
- $25 for seniors
- $25 for youths
1005 S. Highland Ave., Clearwater
Guest Admission Tickets:
- $5 individual
- $20 for a family (up to six)
- Tickets are available for purchase at the Clearwater YMCA Branch - our apologies, online tickets sales are not available.
1. Each contestant must prepare and bring chili to serve approximately 150 tasters.
2. Chili/salsa will be pre-cooked and ready to heat and serve.
3. Contestants will provide utensils and serving materials for the tasting of their chili/salsa (small serving cups
4. Each entrant will be assigned a contestant number which will be used for judging purposes.
5. Chili will be judged on the following characteristics: texture, flavor, consistency, spice and taste, aroma, and color.
6. Business and organization entrants may advertise in their chili tasting area.
7. Each contestant for judging needs 24 ounces of chili and 5 ounces of salsa. Judging cups will be provided.
8. Clean up of area will be the responsibility of the contestant.
9. The event will be held outside unless weather conditions do not permit. Participants are welcome to bring canopies and
decorations to represent their chili/salsa.
1. All food vendors and restaurant representatives must enter the professional category. Individuals may enter the
2. Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other
ingredients with the exception of items such as beans or spaghetti, which are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
3. Professional chili cooks will heat and serve with self-sustaining heat sources. A table, table cover, and chairs will be
Amateur (and Amateur Youth) Rules
1. Amateur chili cooks may include foods other than meat and spices (beans, vegetables, etc.) in their chili.2. Amateur entrants will be provided with a table, table cover, and chairs. Museum
Families - All Ages
Clearwater Sports Fields at Clearwater YMCA Branch
YMCA of the Suncoast