We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, October 21, 2016.
What happens in Learn-to-Swim Level 4?
In Learn-to-Swim Level 4 - Stroke Improvement, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills and build on previously learned skills. Each class is loaded with fun, engaging and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim. Some of the milestones in Level 4 include:
- Swimming the front crawl for 25 yards.
- Swimming the elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
- Swimming the breaststroke for 15 yards.
- Swimming the back crawl for 15 yards.
- Swimming 3-5 body lengths underwater without hyperventilating.
- Open turns on the front and back.
It is common for children to participate in several sessions of Learn to Swim Level 4 before they successfully demonstrate each skill. That is okay! It is not important how quickly they move through a level, but that they acquire each skill.
City of Covington Parks and Recreation