We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Saturday, October 22, 2016.
What happens in Learn-to-Swim Level 5?
In Learn-to-Swim Level 5 - Stroke Refinement, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills and to build on ones previously learned. The expectations are higher for participants now in regards to distance and quality. Each class is loaded with engaging and challenging activities and drills to build endurance and improve technique. Some of the milestones in Learn to Swim Level 5 include:
- Performing a shallow-angle dive into deep water.
- Swimming the front crawl for 50 yards.
- Swimming elementary backstroke for 50 yards.
- Swimming the breaststroke for 25 yards.
- Swimming the back crawl for 25 yards.
It is common for students to participate in several sessions of Learn to Swim Level 5 before they successfully demonstrate each skill. That is okay! It is not important how quickly they move through a level, but that they acquire each skill.
City of Covington Parks and Recreation