This sub-activity has been cancelled.
What happens in Preschool Aquatics Level 3? In Preschool Aquatics Level 3, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for young children. Preschool Aquatics puts the "fun" in fundamentals. Each class is loaded with enjoyable, engaging and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim. Some of the milestones in Level 3 include:
- Stepping from the side into chest-deep water.
- Moving into a front float for 5 seconds, rolling to back, floating for 5 seconds then recovering to a vertical position.
- Moving into a back float for 5 seconds, rolling to front then recovering to a vertical position.
- Pushing off and swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for 5 body lengths.
- Rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim for 5 body lengths.
It is quite common for children to participate in several sessions of Level 3 before they are able to successfully demonstrate all the skills. That's okay! It is not important how quickly they move through a level, but that they acquire each skill.
Prerequisites: Either a placement test at Preschool Aquatics Level 3 or successful completion of a Preschool Aquatics Level 2 course.
Preschool Aquatics Level 3 T/Th #2123.35.1000
From March 11, 2014 to March 27, 2014
Each Tuesday from 10am to 10:30am
Each Thursday from 10am to 10:30am
10am to 10:30am
Aquatics - Preschool Aquatics
Activity Other Category
Aquatics - Level 3
Standard registration opens: Jan 15, 2014
Last day for standard registration: Jun 22, 2014 11:59 PM
Internet registration opens: Jan 15, 2014
Last day for Internet registration: Jun 22, 2014
Cancelled as of Mar 5, 2014
At least 4 but less than 6
Aquatic Center - Station C
City of Covington Parks and Recreation