KIDS YOGA JR. - Ages 3-4yrs
Jun 03 - Jul 08 (Saturday)
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Ages 3-4 · Co-Ed
From Jun 03, 2017 to Jul 08, 2017
Each Saturday from 09:30 AM to 10:30 AM
This activity has been cancelled.
Kid's Yoga will be delivered in the style of Kidding Around Yoga.
Your child will explore and discover the fun and exciting world of yoga through the use of songs, breathing, movement, and dancing.
Yoga is for everybody, and your child will be encouraged to be themselves in this class. The best part is, every class ends with a craft!
Child should dress in comfortable clothes they can move in (no denim), bring a bottle of water, and a yoga mat if you have one.
Siblings receive a $5.00 discount
Kid's Yoga Class Outline
- Kid's Yoga will take place over 6 weeks.
- Each class will be 1 hour
- 45 minutes of Yoga/Songs; 15 minutes of crafts
- Kid's Yoga follows the same daily outline
1. Bathroom/Water before class
2. Kid's place their shoes on the shmat (shoe mat)
3. Om/Meditation - students will have music to lead them into this
4. Yoga Stories - Telling stories through Yoga Poses
5. Sarge Salutations (Sun Salutations Using Drill-Like Commands)
7. Variations - Partner Yoga, Breathing Workshop, Longer Meditation using stuffed animals
8. Closing Circle
- Each week will follow the exact same outline, with slight variations depending on how quickly the students are grasping poses, songs, etc.
What to Bring:
Comfortable Clothing - elastic waistbands, weather appropriate shirt
Good Behavior and a good attitude
Yoga Mat - If you have one please bring it, if not, a mat will be provided for use during class.
Sometimes people may be wary because they believe it's a "religious" type of class. But, a court case legally determined that yoga is in fact a health/wellness experience bringing mind/body/spirit connection to children.
Community Room at Community Room
Culpeper County Parks and Recreation Department