We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Thursday, December 8, 2016.
Miss Fit Girls® is a yoga-based program that promotes time for girls (ages 10-16) to connect, encourage, accept, strengthen, and celebrate themselves and each other. Through traditional yoga poses and relaxation techniques, girls are giving time to appreciate their bodies, listen to their own thoughts and calm the turbulent waters of their energized spirit. Through breathing practices, open talk time and movement, they take skills with them off the mat and into their real life. You may sign up for the 5 session series or drop in a class. ?
- Week 1 Physical - Focusing on the movements of our bodies and the uniqueness of our individual bodies as well as our similarities. ??
- Week 2 Mental - Focusing on breathing techniques that invigorate as those that relax. As well as listening in on the "tapes" we play in our minds. Using yoga and affirmations to set our own "playlist".??
- Week 3 Emotional - this week we incorporate aromatherapy into our yoga practice. Using poses plus essential oils as a way to enhance or defuse our emotional state.??
- Week 4 Social - The art of letting go. Working with breathing techniques to balance the brain, we then go deeper with guided meditation to release the past.??
- Week 5 Spiritual - Recapping the 4 weeks prior and bringing them together to connect ourselves to our body, mind and spirit. Stretching the body, relaxing the mind and celebrating the spirit.
Activity Age Group
BPRC Bergen Peak Room B at Buchanan Park Recreation Center
Evergreen Park & Recreation District