We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
Ages 14+. Class is held at the Senior Activity Center Conference Room, 69 S. Water St. Enter from parking lot.
The "intermediate" class is designed for the person that is acquainted with reading notes and simple music symbols. During this "hands-on" session we will learn chord playing plus common patterns that can be applied to all your favorite songs. This simple "hands on " workshop will show you a different way to play piano using the chord method and take the complexity out of that scary music. We will also learn/play various fun chord patterns you can either use for piano or simply have the digital piano play for you. Join our workshop and experience the simple chord method by learning:
- Which type of piano/digital piano works best for you
- Options for finding music for chord playing
- Various chord patterns: 1 beat, Walking base, Swing, Arpeggios run
- How to add harmony to melody
- How to octave full key play to play like a pro
- Best practice techniques to keep learning new songs
Portable pianos will be available to use to all students. Each student is provided a workshop book and DVD ($30 value) to keep. Please pre-register online at www.ci.janesville.wi.us/register or at the Janesville Recreation Division office three days prior to the start of the program. Minimum of 4 students.
City of Janesville-Department of Leisure Services