Internet Registration has not begun yet. Check Registration Dates in details.
Take advantage of summer break and increase the frequency of your swimmer?s classes! Classes will be held daily Monday through Thursday for two weeks (8 classes).
In PIKE, students are introduced to the following skills. They should be able to complete all of them before promoting to EEL level.
- Back float (w/ help, encourage independence)
- Front float, face in (w/ help, encourage independence)
- 3 Bobs (complete submersion by self)
- Jumping from deck (w/ help, encourage independence)
- 5yds with noodle (independent, encourage arms and legs)
- Front kick (w/help, encourage independence)
- Back kick (w/ help, encourage independence)
- 3-5ft Streamline kick (face in, body @ top of water)
Swim lessons are designed for 25 minutes of instruction and 5 minutes of transition time between classes.
Please be advised that there are no refunds after the session begins, and no make-up classes or credit given for holidays or missed classes.
Help us keep our pool clean! Swim caps and showers are required prior to entering the water; caps and goggles are available for purchase at the Welcome Center.
Classes are subject to cancelation or consolidation based on enrollment.
For more information please contact Lauren Iwamoto, Director of Aquatics: LaurenIwamoto@ymcala.org 424 465 5234
Activity Age Category
WES - Main Branch at Westside Family YMCA
YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles:"s