Apr 30 - Jul 08
From May 01, 2016 to Jul 09, 2016
Registration for the in house U9-U10 Acadmey program is open to players born in the following years:
U9 - 2008
For the first time the McFarland Soccer Association is considering offering a new program to our younger players (U9/U10). As an option, you would be able to elect to have your son or daughter train in our Academy Soccer program, which will be taught by professional soccer coaches from one of the most respected training centers in the area - Madison Futsal. If you DO NOT want your child to take advantage of this option please register him/her under the U9-U14 Recreational option.
Here are some helpful Q&A's:
- Who are the coaches? Ilir Lushaj, Enzo Fuschino, and Domenick Genova. These three coaches have decades of combined coaching experience at all levels. You can read the bio's on the coaches at http://www.madisonfutsal.com/about-us/
- What are some of the differences between the Academy and Recreation teams? There will be 3 coaches running the Academy program. The Academy program will be very structured, and will offer the highest level training available for youth soccer players. The coaches expect a higher level of commitment; players are expected to attend almost all practice sessions and games in addition to practicing skills and techniques outside of practices. Attendance of winter/summer training sessions will be recommended, but optional.
- What is the cost? The cost will be $350, which will include both the fall and the spring seasons.
- What does the cost include? MAYSA registration fees, two 1.5 hour training sessions each week for 8 weeks in the fall and 8 weeks in the spring. Due to other commitments the coaches cannot coach the games.
- Who coaches the games? The games will be coached by parent volunteers that work closely with the Academy coaches. Parent coaches will receive training from the Madison Futsal coaches so that game play ensures practice techniques are being implemented. Madison Futsal coaches will attend some of the games each season for evaluation purposes.
- If I don't choose the Academy program where will my son/daughter play? The McFarland Soccer Association will still have recreational teams available, coached by parent coaches.
- Where will the practices and games be? Practices will be held at the McFarland Soccer Association fields, near the Ice Arena. Games will be regularly scheduled MAYSA games (4 home, 4 away typically in the greater Madison area).
- What uniform will the Academy players wear? The Academy players will wear the same traveling team uniforms all of our U9 and up teams are required to purchase.This is a FULL SEASON committment which means both Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.
If your child qualifies for reduced or free school lunch please enter the coupon code LUNCHACADEMY at the checkout to received the scholarship option.
Registration is open 5/1/2016 thru 6/30/2016, in order to form teams in a timely manner and get uniforms ordered on time. Any registration after 6/30/16 (if approved by the MSA Board) will have a $10 late fee applied.
Please email email@example.com with quesitons.
McFarland Soccer Club