This activity is closed to further registration.
Ages 4 & 5 and under 42" tall. The purpose of Preschool Level 1 is to orient preschool-age children to the aquatic environment and to help them acquire basic levels of basic aquatic skills.
- Enter and exit water using ladders, steps or side
- Blow bubbles through mouth and nose
- Submerge mouth, nose and eyes
- Open eyes under water and retrieve submerged objects
- Front and back glides and recover to a vertical position
- Back float and recover to a vertical position
- Roll from front to back and back to front
- Tread with arm and hand actions
- Alternating and simultaneous leg actions on front and back
- Alternating and simultaneous arm actions on front and back
- Experience wearing a life jacket in the water
- Learn how to stay safe, including recognizing an emergency and knowing how to call for help
- Learn how to stay safe in, on and around the water, including the use of a life jacket, recognizing lifeguards and sun safety
Ages 4 & 5 and under 42" tall.
Activity Secondary Category
Swim Lessons - Preschool
NMS Pool at North Middle School
SDMF Community Ed. & Recreation