This activity is closed to further registration.
Need that extra push to master your swimming technique? We offer private swim lessons Monday through Thursday afternoons. Registration can be done online or at the front desk, and you can select instructors depending on who is available to teach. Most swimmers choose to come once a week, but you may sign up for as many slots as you wish. (Private Swim Lessons run on the same calendar sessions as group classes.)
All classes are 30 minutes long.
*Rate is per person. The YMCA does not place people in pairs for Semi-Private Swim Lessons. Groups must be established prior to contacting the Y.
You are signing up for a session of private swim lessons. Please be sure you can commit to all the dates before enrolling. Cancellation policy is the same as for all youth programs.
Youth Program Policies:
- Register online or at the Membership Desk.
- All program participants must have a Downtown Oakland YMCA membership.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Spaces cannot be reserved without payment.
- A late registration fee of $10 will be charged after the scheduled registration ends.
- For the safety of your children, all parents of children 12 and under must remain in program areas while their child participates in a youth program. This excludes camp participants and Kids Night Out participants.
Program Cancellation / Refund Policies:
- There are no make-up classes for missed classes or sessions.
- Once the session begins, all fees are nonrefundable unless classes are cancelled by the YMCA or if you or your child is unable to attend due to illness and present a doctor's note.
- To receive a refund you must cancel 72 hours before the first class begins by contacting the program coordinator/director. If you cancel your reserved space 72 hours or more before youth program session begins, you may request one of the following, at the time of cancellation:
YMCA OF THE EAST BAY