Jr. Development I (Novice)
- Ages 10-12
- No prior tennis experienced required
- New players are recommended to join at the start of a session.
- Players age 10 with no prior experience should consider enrolling in Big Hitters for a session (ages 8-10).
- The class is taught on the standard court using green-dot compression balls. This is the same ball used for 10U satellite tournaments.
Jr. Development II (Intermediate)
- Focus: Introduction and development of tennis fundamentals and games. Players advancing from Big Hitters should demonstrate control in playing with the orange stage compression ball before enrolling in Jr. Development.
- Ages 10-12
- Requirements: Players demonstrate fundamental stroke proficiency and consistency.
- Some match experienced preferred, but not required.
- Focus: Drilling, conditioning, live-ball games, and serving. There is a greater emphasis on learning the rules of tennis and implementing technique into live-ball drills/games.
- Players will work on developing their service game for the purpose of playing matches. Players who demonstrate consistency with serving should look to participate in Junior Team Tennis 10's INT or possibly 12's INT for the fall or spring season.
Rose Bowl Tennis Center