Drawing - Fundamentals
Oct 04 - Nov 29 (Monday)
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Multnomah Arts Center
From Oct 03, 2016 to Nov 28, 2016
Each Monday from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Learn the fundamentals of drawing. Emphasis will be on training the hand and eye to work together to draw what you see. Contour drawing, gesture, quick sketches and longer drawings will all be explained and practiced. In this class we will place equal importance on technique and exploration.
All skill levels are welcome. Includes model fee for 2 sessions (clothed model.) Get materials list online.
- Large "newsprint" sketchpad, something around 17x24". This is non-archival paper for quick sketches and studies.
- Higher quality sketchpad, something around 17x24". If you feel that you want a smaller sketchpad this is fine too.
- Hard-bound or spiral-bound sketchbook. Emphasis for this class will be making drawing a part of your daily life. Choose a sketchbook that is 5X8" or larger that you can carry around and use throughout the week between drawing classes.
- Compressed charcoal
- Vine charcoal
- Set of Drawing Pencils. Set of 6-12 recommended with soft (6B-2B) to harder (F, H, 2-6H) pencils in your collection.
- Kneadable eraser
- White eraser or gum eraser (not the pink ones)
- Pencil sharpener
- Blending stump
Additional Tools if you wish:
- Portfolio for storage
- Storage Bin
6. High School/Adult (12 yrs & up)
MAC - Room 38 at Multnomah Arts Center
Portland Parks & Recreation