We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
PRINCESS PILATES - Mommy and Me classes for kids
Fee is for mother or father and child to attend!
Double the fun and Mom gets her workout too. Exercises are performed standing and on the mat and use Resist-a-balls, rings, rollers, weighted balls, bands, and the BOSU balance trainer. Gain strength and flexibility and postural awareness at any age. Learn how to stretch and strengthen muscles to prevent back pain. Develop a strong core and increase self awareness and confidence. THE MANY BENEFITS OF PILATES FOR KIDS:
- Improved Mental Concentration -this can transfer into all aspects of your child's life, resulting in better school performance, sports and extracurricular activities
- Increased Flexibility - the positions and exercises taught in Pilates help maintain your child's muscles and tendons limber, which is ideal for dancers and gymnasts.
- Improved Posture - as your child learns to maintain neutral spine he or she will integrate this into everyday life resulting in better posture at home and in school
- Improvement in Sports - your child will learn to efficiently transfer energy from the back and shoulders into the arms, as well as increase leg power. This is especially great for baseball and soccer.
- Enhanced Self Confidence and awareness from the inside-out
Flourish Pilates at Flourish Pilates
West Linn Park and Recreation Department