Tackle Football - (8-10 yr olds)
Sep 06 - Nov 18 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Ages 8-10 · Co-Ed
Winterville Recreation Park
From Sep 06, 2016 to Nov 18, 2016
Each Monday from 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Each Tuesday from 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Each Wednesday from 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Each Thursday from 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Each Friday from 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
We're sorry, but this program is over. The last meeting was Friday, November 18, 2016.
Tackle football (8-10 league) is designed for children 8-10 years old interested in learning the sport and fundamentals of tackle football. Minimum weight for participation is 65 lbs.
**Please note: Any child on a middle school roster in the 7th or 8th grade will not be elgible to play in Winterville Tackle Football League.
- Team Placement: All children will make a team. However, if players are new to the program they are required to attend evaluations held September 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. Evaluations held at the Winterville Recreation Park - 332 Sylvania Street, Winterville.
- Season: Practices begin late August, games run from October through mid-November.
- Practices: Days and times determined by coach. Expect around five practices per week before games begin. May practice at approved offsite facility.
- Game Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and some Fridays
- Games at Winterville Recreation Park and Ayden District Park
- Teams will be determined by the draft conducted after evaluations (for coaches only).
Baseball Field - Kiwanis at Winterville Recreation Park
Baseball Field - Smith at Winterville Recreation Park
Winterville Parks and Recreation Department