Nutty Robotics Junior @ Lawton
Nov 19 - Jan 14 (Tuesday)
4:10 PM - 5:10 PM
From Nov 19, 2019 to Jan 14, 2020
Each Tuesday from 04:10 PM to 05:10 PM
Except the following dates:
Tuesday, Dec 31, 2019
Tuesday, Dec 24, 2019
Tuesday, Nov 26, 2019
The last day for Internet Registration was Nov 11, 2019 8:00 AM.
Grades Young 5-2nd. Come join us to explore the amazing science of robotics with a Nutty Scientists spin! Junior scientists design, modify and program robots with a purpose They meet several different robot friends, learn to control them and even learn basic coding skills! Each week students add their own creativity to their robots, and there's no limit to what we can accomplish! Instructors: Nutty Scientists staff. 6 classes. No class 11/26, 12/24, and 12/31.
FOCUS OF EACH CLASS:
Learn how to use lines, shapes, and colors to create codes with Ozobot Evo
- Class 1: Intro to Ozobots - learn the basics of Ozobot programming and design creative robot "skins".
- Class 2: Ozobots (take two!) - Use and improve Ozobot programming skills at the "Ozobot Dance Party"! Learn about how ozobot reads colors and codes.
Learn to calibrate, drive Spheros and use block programming to further expand robotic skills.
- Class 3: Sphero bees - Help our buzzing robot friends to collect as much pollen as possible (learn Sphero control systems)
- Class 4: Sphero soccer - Can you score a sphero goal? Use programming to play a robotic soccer game.
- Class 5: Code your name - What is binary coding? Use beads and string to code your name and make a bracelet.
- Class 6: Lego boost - Build a robot, then use lego boost language to code your creation.
Due to 11/12 snow day, this class now runs 11/19-1/14.
Young 5 - 2nd Grade
LAWTON TEACHERS LOUNGE at Lawton Elementary
Inspired By Science, LLC
Ann Arbor Public School System