We're sorry, but this class is over. The last meeting was Monday, May 22, 2017.
GRADES: 5th - 9th
Available to students via teacher recommendation or placement audition.
After roughly one year in the program, faculty challenge students advance to further develop technique, musical skills and knowledge.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
- to play scales and arpeggios in major and minor keys
- to play, major, minor, diminished, augmented and seventh chords
- to count complex rhythms
- to play guitar repertoire in a variety of styles from different genres of music
- to improvise melodies over a series of chord changes
- to identify common intervals aurally and visually
Classes meet once per week for 55 MINUTES (30 weeks)
Intermediate Guitar #12864
Merit School of Music