World's Largest Swimming Lesson
Jun 17 (Thursday)
4:00 PM - 4:40 PM
Ages 6-16 · Co-Ed
Downtown Recreation Center
Jun 17, 2021
Each Thursday from 04:00 PM to 04:40 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.Millions of kids never take swim lessons or learn basic water safety skills. The result? Drowning is one of the top five causes of death for people ages 1-14. Help spread the word that Swimming Lessons Save Lives!
The Downtown Aquatic Center will be participating in this worldwide event on Thursday, June 20 from 4:00 to 4:40 pm and will be free for kids ages 6 to 15 years of age. A maximum of 30 participants will be allowed to participate. Register early!
- Participants exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or have been advised by a physician that they are COVID-19 positive, should not participate in swim lessons. Please contact the Downtown Aquatic Center to cancel your swim lessons.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before class beginning.
- Appropriate swimsuit must be worn during class; no street clothes, undergarments, or sportswear allowed.
- Swimsuits with floatation devices are not allowed in the pool.
- It is recommended that long hair be pulled back with a hair tie.
This is an abbreviated list, see office for complete list of curriculum.
*Participant level readiness is at the discretion of the instructor. It is the responsibility of the parent to register the participant in the appropriate level. Free level placement testing is available. If a child does not prove competency during first class, they will be removed from the class. Efforts will be made to place child in correct level, but there is no guarantee space will be available. Fees will apply.
Activity Secondary Category
DAC: Pool at Downtown Recreation Center
City of Costa Mesa - Parks and Community Services