Cycling-Ride Route - Individual Age group/open
Aug 08 (Sunday)
Cycling-Ride Route - Family Fun Loop
Aug 08 (Sunday)
Start and Finish: Commissioners Park – 3704 111th St. Naperville, IL 60564 – Plenty of free parking. This is a ride, not a race! All current Illinois COVID-19 mandates and guidelines will be followed.
The Ride has a 1.4 mile family loop, 21, 41, and 62 (metric century) mile routes. Riders may start at 6:30 a.m. and no later than 10:00 a.m. Cyclists riding the 62 mile route must start by 8:30 a.m. Cyclists riding the 41 mile route must start by 9:15 a.m.
All routes are SAG supported and rest stops are fully staffed with food and drinks. Proceeds from the Ride will benefit Rotary International's Campaign to End Polio and local charities.
The 24th Rotary Ride is presented by DiGiovine Hnilo Jordan + Johnson Ltd. in memory of Carmen DiGiovine.
Event details and schedule
- ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE FINAL. No refunds, exchanges, or transfers. The Ride will take place, rain or shine unless cancellation is necessary due to COVID-19 recommendations and/or restrictions issued by any governmental entity or agency, or any national or world health agency.
- Plenty of Parking is available at the Ride start and finish.
- Kids and families can participate in the 1.4 Family Fun Loop by walking, running or riding anything with wheels (non-motorized). The cost is $15 per family.
- Riders may start at 6:30 a.m. and no later than 10:00 a.m. Cyclists riding the 62-mile route must start by 8:30 a.m. Cyclists riding the 41 mile route must start by 9:15 a.m.
- Rest stops will close at the discretion of Ride organizers. All SAG support will end at 2 p.m.
- Early Bird Registration is $30 until July 15, $40 by July 31. After July 31, $50.
- This is a well-supported recreational ride for beginners and experienced cyclists.
- The Ride has a 1.4 mile family loop, 21, 41, and 62 (metric century) mile routes.
- All routes are SAG supported and rest stops are staffed with pre-packaged food & drinks.
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- Bikes of all shapes and sizes are welcome. No motorized vehicles. E-bikes okay.
- The route is an open road course. Riders must follow all rules of the road. Those that do not may be ticketed by local police. (like not stopping at a red light or stop sign!)
- Proceeds support Rotary Charities.
All current Illinois COVID-19 mandates and guidelines will be followed on Sunday, August 8. The following is subject to change without notice.
- Any rider experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is requested to stay home for the safety of others.
- Riders are requested to wear masks at the start and finish line, at rest stops and when not able to socially distant.
- Riders are requested to ride only with members of their traveling party/ride group. No drafting. Spitting or snot rockets while moving are discouraged. Please be respectful of others.
- Restrooms may not be available at all rest stops due to current logistical challenges. (No Porta Potties) Riders may need to make their own arrangements along the route for nature breaks. We understand there should be public restrooms at the start and finish; and within a mile of the first rest stop.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the start and finish and all rest stops.
- Snacks and beverages will be pre-packaged. Riders are requested to remove their bicycle gloves and sanitize their hands before grabbing snacks and beverages.
- Riders are requested to utilize SAG vehicles only if “absolutely” necessary. Anyone riding in a SAG vehicle will be required to wear a mask and windows in respective SAG vehicle will remain open.
Rotary Club of Naperville Downtown