Intro to Sailing-Dinghy
Apr 01 (Saturday)
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Apr 01, 2017
Each Saturday from 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
If you've ever wanted to try sailing, this 1-day class is for you! Our easy, hands-on approach teaches the basics and has you sailing an RS Quest (14' dinghy/small boat) in just three hours. You'll have 1-3 people in your boat so register with a friend!
- Full-time student $55-Use SAILWIN as Activation Code.
- Clothing/Equipment: Closed-toed shoes required, workout/quick-dry clothes with layers recommended, sunglasses/hat/sunscreen, lifejacket provided.
- 50 yard min swimming ability required.
- Completed/signed UCI Waiver required (provided on day 1).
- Current College ID card of proof of tuition/fee payment required at first class to validate student discount (if applicable).
- Registration minimum is 6 students or class could be cancelled.
- UCI Boating weather/class cancellations hotline (949) 824-5770.
- Class location: Marina Park: 1600 W. Balboa Blvd, Newport Beach (between 18th & 15th St. on peninsula). Please meet in the UCI Campus Recreation Sailing Office (NE corner of MP, facing water).
- Parking for Marina Park classes is free if you use the Parkmobile app. Please go to http://www.newportbeachca.gov/government/departments/recreation-senior-services/marina-park/parking for more information about parking procedures.
Marina Park Sailing Center Sect A at Marina Park
- UCI Sailing
City of Newport Beach Recreation & Senior Services Department