Parent & Me Sailing-1 Adult, 2 Children
Feb 24 (Friday)
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Feb 24, 2017
Each Friday from 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
Parents and children are invited to learn to sail together in a fun, relaxed and safe atmosphere on 14-16' sailboats. Families will learn together in their own boat! Stand up paddling, kayaking and other water activities are included.
- Clothing/Equipment: Closed-toed shoes required for sailing, sandals/bare feet OK for paddle/beach activities, workout/quick-dry clothes with layers recommended, sunglasses/hat/sunscreen, lifejacket provided.
- 50 yard min swimming ability required.
- Completed/signed UCI Waiver required (provided on day 1).
- Current College ID card or proof of tuition/fee payment required at first class to validate student discount (if applicable).
- Registration minimum is 6 students or class could be cancelled.
- UCI Boating weather/class cancellations hotline (949) 824-5770.
- Class location: Marina Park: 1600 W. Balboa Blvd, Newport Beach (between 18th & 15th St. on peninsula). Please meet in the UCI Campus Recreation Sailing Office (NE corner of MP, facing water).
- Parking for Marina Park classes is free if you use the Parkmobile app. Please go to http://www.newportbeachca.gov/government/departments/recreation-senior-services/marina-park/parking for more information about parking procedures.
Marina Park Sailing Center Sect B at Marina Park
- UCI Sailing
City of Newport Beach Recreation & Senior Services Department