GPH - Flag Football for ages 14-17
Feb 06 - Apr 17 (Saturday)
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Ages 14-18 · Co-Ed
Greater Palm Harbor YMCA Branch
From Feb 06, 2021 to Apr 17, 2021
Each Saturday from 08:30 AM to 11:30 AM
This class/activity is closed to further registration.
The YMCA of the Suncoast and Palm Harbor Rec Centre are teaming together to create a Palm Harbor flag football program geared toward players who want to learn how to play the sport, brush up on the rules, tactics and skills, improve their game and most importantly - HAVE FUN! Please thoroughly read all program details below.
Important Season Dates for Ages 7-17:
- 2/6 - MANDATORY Parent Meeting and Skills Assessment at the Palm Harbor Rec Center
- Times TBA
- 2/13 - Preseason Game or Practice Day
- 2/20 - First Regular Season Game
- No games on 3/20 for spring break
- 4/10 - Playoffs
- 4/17 - Championship
- 14 is a "swing" age
- If you turn 14 before February 20th, you will be placed in the 14-17 age group.
- If you turn 14 on or after February 20th, you will be placed in the 12-14 age group.
- Each team, regardless of age group, will have no more than 3 cleared YMCA Volunteer Coaches. Each coach can bring their own child on their team.
- 12-14 and 14-17 teams will be allowed to form their own teams with a cap of 12 players.
- If you feel your child is comfortable enough to play up, they are more than welcome to play up an age group. However, no one will be able to play down.
- Practices will take place once a week based on coaching availability.
- Practices will begin the week of February 15th
- Games will take place on Saturday mornings at The Centre or Palm Field
- Games Schedule will be sent out by Friday February 12th
Fee: $85 for full members, $125 for basic members
Participants must have a good pair of tennis shoes or cleats (no metal cleats), athletic shorts with no pockets, a mouth guard, water, and sunscreen. The YMCA will provide a team shirt and mouth guard for every player.
- Health survey questionnaire before each practice and game
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all participants and coaches before and after each practice and game
- Proper social distancing techniques on the sidelines- 6 feet apart at all times
- Equipment will be sanitized before and after each practice and game
- Limit of 12 people per team
YMCA sports are based upon seven guiding principles: everyone plays, safety first, fair play, positive competition, sports for all, sports for fun, and family involvement. Our leagues are supported by parent volunteers who are engaged as coaches, referees, and raving fans. If you are interested in being a volunteer this season please contact Kylie Bryan at KBryan@suncoastymca.org.
Program Director: Kylie Bryan, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this or any of our classes, please call 727-787-9622.
Branch: Classes/Activities - PHP
Branch: Employee Discount
YMCA Staff & Volunteers
YMCA of the Suncoast