Baseball: Youth-Coach Pitch Ages 6 to 8 Beginner-Summer 2022
May 23 - Jul 30 (Friday)
4:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Ages 6-9 · Co-Ed
Salisbury Equestrian Park & Sports Complex
From May 27, 2022 to Jul 30, 2022
Each Friday from 04:30 PM to 09:30 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- The 6 to 8 division teams play with 10 players in the field and all teammates will bat one time each inning.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Fridays or Saturdays. Double headers may be played throughout the season.
- Helmets and bats will not be provided for practices or games. Players should provide their own bat and helmet in addition to traditional baseball gear. Discounts and scholarships are available for equipment needs.
Youth Baseball Rules: www.ParkerRec.com/YouthSportsRules
- Coaches will pitch to their own players. Each batter receives 5 pitches and 3 tee attempts if needed.
- Score and standings are not kept.
Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Beginner Recreational: All registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. The Beginner Recreational Division is recommended for players with little to no previous baseball playing experience. Beginner divisions are designed to be more focused on learning the game, developing skills and playing for fun.
- Please carefully review the descriptions for Upper and Beginner Recreational teams before registering.
All registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge, and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Age is determined by the participants age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience.
Please contact Emma Polzer at email@example.com with any questions.
- Equipment Needs: Wear athletic clothing meant for outdoor weather conditions. Jerseys are included.
- Participants will need to provide a mitt. Rubber molded cleats or tennis shoes are permitted. You may also bring your own bat.
- Helmets will not be provided for practices or games. Players should provide their own bat and helmet in addition to traditional baseball gear.
- All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Emma Polzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.
- Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec - Game schedules will be available after the coaches meeting.
- Skip Dates: 5/30 & 7/2-4
Youth (6 -18)
Practices will be held at Salisbury Equestrian Park or Iron Horse Park. Games are played at Salisbury Equestrian Park.
Parker Parks and Recreation