Flag Football: Youth - Ages 8 to 10 - Fall 2020
Aug 10 - Oct 10 (Saturday)
5:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Ages 8-11 · Co-Ed
Salisbury Equestrian Park & Sports Complex
From Aug 10, 2020 to Oct 10, 2020
Each Saturday from 08:00 AM to 03:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- 8 to 10 Coed division teams play 8 v 8; boys and girls allowed.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Saturday.
Youth Flag Football Rules: www.ParkerRec.com/YouthSportsRules - Rules may change per division.
- Size Peewee football
- Score and standings are not recorded.
- Mouth guards are recommended
All registration is taken on a first come, first serve basis. Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience. Players may not play up or down.
The following measures have been added for participant and staff safety.
- 6 feet Physical Distancing will be encouraged whenever possible
Participants must self-screen for COVID Symptoms and temperature and may not attend if sick or exhibiting a temperature of 100.4 or higher
- Hand washing/sanitizing will be required upon arrival and throughout the day. Please bring sanitizer if possible.
- Shared equipment will be disinfected between sessions.
- No high-fives, hugs, or handshakes will be allowed
- No sharing of food or drink
- Spectator limits will be in place. Spectators must remain spaced by 6 feet at all times and are urged to wear a mask as often as possible.
- Employees and participants are required to wear a face mask whenever possible. Masks are not required during moderate to heavy physical exertion, provided physical distancing is being practiced. Please wear a mask when entering/exiting the facility and whenever else possible.
- Practices and games will have a maximum of 25 players each, per State and Local guidelines. Groups will not be mixed. Teams will be capped accordingly
Specific information about this division’s Safe Return plan and FAQs can be found at www.ParkerRec.com/Sports.
Any facility or program that opens during the Safe Return phased reopening will comply with current state and public health recommendations and will adhere to strict safety protocols for both patrons and staff. Please make the following commitments to contribute to a safe return:
- I will stay home if I feel sick.
- I will practice social distancing and not gather in large groups.
- I will wash my hands often. While outdoors, I will use hand sanitizer.
- I will cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze.
- I will avoid touching my eyes, nose and mouth.
- I will wear a face mask whenever possible.
Equipment Needs: Wear athletic clothing meant for outdoor weather conditions, mouth guards are highly recommended, rubber molded cleats or tennis shoes are permitted. Jerseys are included.
All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Paige Burkett at pburkettparkeronline.org.
- You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.
- Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec
- Skip Dates: 9/5
Youth (6 -18)
Practices and games are held throughout the week at Salisbury Equestrian Park on the multipurpose fields.
Parker Parks and Recreation