Volleyball: Youth - Ages 10 to 12 - Fall 2020
Aug 10 - Oct 17 (Monday)
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Ages 10-13 · Co-Ed
All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- 10 to 12 division teams play 6 v 6.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Saturdays. Double headers may be played throughout the season.
Youth Volleyball Rules: www.ParkerRec.com/YouthSportsRules - Rules change per divisions. Be sure to review the Volleyball At-a-Glance Document.
- A 2-Hit Rule is in effect, requiring teams to hit the ball twice before returning a volley. Check the full version of the rule document for specifics surrounding the 2-Hit Rule.
- Score is displayed but standings are not recorded.
- Net Height: 7 feet 4 1/8 inches
All registration is taken on a first come, first serve basis. Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Age is determined by the participants age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience.
- 6 feet Physical Distancing will be encouraged whenever possible
- Participants must self-screen for COVID Symptoms and temperature and may not attend if sick or exhibiting a temperature of 100.4 or higher
- Hand washing/sanitizing will be required upon arrival and throughout the day. Please bring sanitizer if possible.
- Shared equipment will be disinfected between sessions and between users.
- No high-fives, hugs, or handshakes will be allowed
- No sharing of food or drink
- INDOOR SPORTS: Spectator limits will be in place. Spectators must remain spaced by 6 feet at all times and must wear a mask.
- Employees and participants are required to wear a face mask whenever possible. Masks are not required during moderate to heavy physical exertion, provided physical distancing is being practiced. Please wear a mask when entering/exiting the facility and whenever else possible.
- LEAGUES: Player capacity is limited to 25 players per game. Teams will be capped accordingly.
- Specific information about this division’s Safe Return plan and FAQs can be found at www.ParkerRec.com/Sports.
- Any facility or program that opens during the Safe Return phased reopening will comply with current state and public health recommendations and will adhere to strict safety protocols for both patrons and staff.Please make the following commitments to contribute to a safe return:
- I will stay home if I feel sick.
- I will practice social distancing and not gather in large groups.
- I will wash my hands often. While outdoors, I will use hand sanitizer.
- I will cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze.
- I will avoid touching my eyes, nose and mouth.
- I will wear a face mask whenever possible.
- Equipment Needs: Wear shorts, knee pads and athletic shoes. Volleyballs (Volley-Lite) are provided for use at practices and games. Jerseys are included.
- Bring only what you need and can keep with you.?Locker rooms and lockers will not be available.
- Bring personal hand sanitizer and a sweat towel.
- Bring your own full water bottle and refrain from using the drinking fountains. Bottle fillers may not be available.
All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Karinne Monn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.
Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec - Game schedules will be available after the coaches meeting.
Skip Dates: 8/31, 9/5, 9/6, 9/7
Youth (6 -18)
Fieldhouse Gym: enter through gym doors on north side of building – no access to other parts of the building.?
Parker Parks and Recreation