Basketball: Youth-Boys-Ages 6-8-Beginner-Fall 2020
Oct 12 - Dec 12 (Wednesday)
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Ages 6-9 · Males Only
From Oct 12, 2020 to Dec 12, 2020
Each Wednesday from 04:30 PM to 05:30 PM
This is a tentative activity. Registrations will be accepted if it becomes official.
All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- 6 to 8 division teams play 5 v 5.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Fridays or Saturdays
Youth Basketball Rules: www.ParkerRec.com/YouthSportsRules - Rules change per divisions. Be sure to review the Basketball At-a-Glance Document.
- Standings are not kept.
- Score is displayed on the score board.
- No free throws
- Double dribble WILL be allowed
- Over and back violation WILL NOT be enforced
- Three second rule WILL NOT be enforced
- No score will be placed on the scoreboard
- No fouls are recorded
- Hoop Height: 8 feet
Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Beginner Recreational: The Beginner Recreational Division is recommended for players with little to no previous experience. Beginner divisions are designed to be more focused on learning the game, developing skills and playing for fun. Please review the descriptions for Upper and Beginner Recreational team before registering.
Age is determined by the participant's age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience.
- Equipment Needs: Wear shorts and athletic shoes. Basketballs (Size 27.5) are provided for use at practices and games. Jerseys are included.
- All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Karinne Monn at email@example.com.
- You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.
Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec - Game schedules will be available after the coaches meeting.
- Games begin October 16 or 17, 2020.
Skip Dates: November 27 through 28, 2020
Youth (6 -18)
Practices are located at various elementary schools in Parker or the Parker Fieldhouse. Games are played at the Parker Fieldhouse.
Parker Parks and Recreation