Softball: Youth - Girls Age 8 to 10 - Summer 2021
May 24 - Jul 31 (Tuesday)
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Ages 8-11 · Females Only
From May 25, 2021 to Jul 27, 2021
Each Tuesday from 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- The 10 to 12 division teams play with 10 players in the field and all teammates will bat one time each inning.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Fridays or Saturdays. Double headers may be played throughout the season.
- Helmets will not be provided for practices. Players should provide their own bat and helmet in addition to traditional baseball gear. Discounts and scholarships are available for equipment needs.
- Batting teams will hit until 3 outs are called or they score 7 runs, whichever comes first.
- Players pitch to their opponent. If a player-pitcher has walked 4 opponents within one inning a coach-pitcher will serve as a backup. See rules for specific details.
- Score is displayed but standings are not recorded.
All registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge, and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Age is determined by the participants age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience.
COVID Information: To review softball FAQ's, current Mask Requirements and specific COVID-19 program guidelines, visit www.parkerrec.com/sports
Equipment Needs: Wear athletic clothing meant for outdoor weather conditions. Participants will need to provide a mitt. Rubber molded cleats or tennis shoes are permitted. You may also bring your own bat. Coaches will receive 11 inch softballs. Jerseys are included.
- Helmets will not be provided for practices. Players should provide their own bat and helmet in addition to traditional softball gear. Discounts and scholarships are available for equipment needs.
All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Brandan Glader at email@example.com.
- You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.
Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec - Game schedules will be available after the coaches meeting.
Skip Dates: 5/29, 7/2-7/4
Youth (6 -18)
Practices may be held at Iron Horse, Tallman Park or various Parker elementary school fields. Games are played at Salisbury Park.
Parker Parks and Recreation