Notes:Welcome to the City of Rockville Youth Tennis Tournament.
PLEASE NOTE: The draw will be made on Wednesday, June 7th.
No selection process, all registered players will be selected.
1. Tournament outline:
a. 10U Tournament:
i. The tournament will be played on Sunday, June 11th
ii. The tournament will be a one day event.
iii. Divisions will be divided by gender.
iv. The format for the tournament will be based on registration numbers.
2. Court Dimensions:
a. 60’ court will be used for the 10U Tournament.
b. All City courts are outdoor hard-courts. All matches will be played within Rockville City Limits and location(s) will be based on the number of participants.
3. Event Schedule:
a. Event start time: will be based on number of players.
4. 10U rules for the tournament:
i. The scoring system, in line with USTA recommendations, will be based on registration numbers.
i. Normal serve or adapted serve (under arm).
ii. A maximum of 2 service attempts (unless net interference).
i. Orange-felt, 10 and under specific, tennis balls.
ii. Participants should use a racquet no longer than 25”.
iii. Play on conventional nets.
d. Tournament format:
i. Single Elimination and Round-Robin.
ii. One day format.
iii. Game played on a 60’ court (see diagram on page 1).
iv. Rest period of at least 15 minutes is applied between matches.
e. Other conventional USTA rules relating to 10-and-Under will remain the same.
5. Location of Tournament: TBD in Rockville City Limits. This site will be updated when locations are determined (8/30).
6. Start time: You are expected to arrive 20 minutes before your match. If you are delayed by more than 15 minutes then the match might be forfeited. This decision will be made by the Tournament Director.
7. The role of the Tournament Director/Program Supervisor:
a. Train court mentors prior to the start of the program.
b. Create and supervise the 10-and-Under Tournament
c. Settle rule disputes.
8. The role of the Site Supervisor:
a. To monitor schedule.
b. To liaise with Tournament Director.
c. Keep participants safe.
9. Participants will need to bring the following to the tournament:
a. Appropriate sized racquet.
b. Refreshments (please stay hydrated) – no drinks provided.
c. Appropriate clothing and footwear for tennis and the elements.
e. Please note that spectators should be prepared for all elements and conditions. Including no shade.
10. Spectator Expectations: We expect that parents will be positive supporters. We do have a couple expectations:
a. No coaching
b. No Scoring
c. No calling outs
i. Parents will be given a verbal warning.
ii. All complaints/concerns should be addressed to the Site Supervisor.
11. Weather Policy: In the case of unplayable conditions, participants will be notified via our Sports Weather Line: 240-314-5055. If a Tournament is cancelled then participants will either get a refund, or, can be registered for another upcoming tournament.
USTA - Boys' 10 Singles; Co-ed 10 Singles; Girls' 10 Singles