It's no secret that getting kids to eat healthy can be a challenge. Whether you're eating at home or dining out, kids tend to be picky and usually boycott fruits and vegetables. The choices on any given restaurant kid's menu generally consists of chicken fingers and fries, macaroni and cheese, pizza and hamburgers. Of course, restaurants know these are the top choices among most children, so that's what they offer. But when it comes to cooking and eating at home, you have the power to give your kids what they like and make it healthy.
Check out these quick and easy recipes for chicken nuggets and French fries. These are much healthier options than feeding your kids and yourself deep fried food or the prepackaged frozen meals you find in the grocery store.
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken tenders
- 8 ounces of plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of honey
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken tenders into nugget-size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, coat the chicken with Greek yogurt and honey until evenly spread.
- Slowly sprinkle the breadcrumbs until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- 2-3 large potatoes (white or sweet)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper for flavor.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
Find activities for kids near you.