Portfolio Development:Building Your Digital Framework ONLINE
Jun 15 - Jul 09 (Monday, Thursday)
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Ages 14-19 · Co-Ed
Mason Community Arts Academy/GMU
From Jun 15, 2020 to Jul 09, 2020
Each Monday from 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
Each Thursday from 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
DescriptionPortfolio Development: Building Your Digital Framework
Mondays & Thursdays, 1:00 - 3:00pm, 4 weeks
June 15/18, June 29/July 2, July 6/9
Every professional needs a portfolio and, in today’s competitive landscape for college admissions, internships, scholarships, and jobs…so do students. Beginning with the creation of a homepage, students will reflect on who they are as an artist/student, introducing themselves, their work and their goals. Writing and graphics will be integrated in the opening section and throughout the portfolio. Students may choose to show both process and finished product. In short, students will become digital storytellers.
Portfolios provide an advantage and a critical annotation and reinforcement of a resumé or school transcript. In this course, students will conceptualize and build a digital portfolio that provides both formative and summative assessment of their art.
- Computer, Tablet, or Smart phone with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- Camera and/or Smart phone to take pictures of work
- A "body of work" (art, photography, theater work/performance, etc)
- Use email and cell phone when registering!
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list in order to receive important information before the class starts. Email is our primary method of communication to enrolled students.
Mason Community Arts Academy