Nov 27 - Feb 13
Ages 7-11 · Co-Ed
From Nov 27, 2020 to Feb 13, 2021
Minors Is Wait List, you will be notified when an opening is available
MINORS DIVISION (Competitive): League Ages 7-11. Evaluations required.
1. REGULATION GAME: Games will be considered final after six (6) innings of play or after the game time limit has expired. There will be no new inning of play after one (1) hour and (45) minutes of play has occurred. Games can end in a tie for regular season.
2. COACHES: This division can consist of up to (1) manager & two (2) coaches per game. One (1) Adult coach must be in the dugout at all times to oversee the players. When batting, two (2) offensive coaches shall coach bases during play. Only players and coaches will occupy the dugout.
3. SCORING: Scores and standings will be kept for this division. Five runs per team each inning may be scored, however once the last inning (starting at the top half only) or the 6th inning has been called then both teams may score unlimited runs or until three (3) batters have been put out, or entire lineup has batted whichever happens first. Home team will have the Official Book for each game. The ten (10) run rule will exist after three and one half (3 ½) for the visiting team or four (4) innings of play for the home team.
4. MANDATORY PLAY: All players must play every other inning. Any Manager failing to meet the minimum playing time for each player may be subject to disciplinary action by the Board of Directors
5. BATTING: All players shall be in the batting order for the entire game. Once the batting order is set, it cannot be changed. Each team shall bat until three (3) batters have been put out or five (5) runs have scored, or entire lineup has batted whichever happens first. Rule 5.07 Any player arriving late to a game must be placed at the bottom of the lineup and any player that leaves during a game will simply be skipped over when their time at bat comes up (skipped, not called as an out). The batter must keep one foot in the batter’s box at all times during his at bat with exceptions, please read 6.02c. USA Baseball bats must be used.
6. INTENTIONAL WALK: Defensive teams may elect to intentionally walk a batter by announcing the decision to the plate umpire. After appropriate notification is made by the defensive manager, the ball is ruled dead and no other runners may advance unless forced by the batter’s award of first base. Once the award is granted, four pitches will be added to the defensive pitcher’s official pitch count.
7. PITCHING: Refer to Regulation VI-Pitchers in the Official Regulations and Playing Rules booklet of the current year. Violations of the pitching rules will result in a one (1) game Manager suspension for the first offense, three (3) game suspension for the second offense, and suspension for the remainder of the season for the third offense.
8. PITCHING REPORTS: Pitching logs MUST be signed by both teams at the conclusion of each game verifying accurate pitch counts, ages and names of all players who pitched. Each team’s pitching logs MUST be available for review at ALL TIMES by a member of the Board of Directors or an opposing manager. The home team’s pitch count will be the official count for the game. It is strongly suggested that the visiting team verifies the pitch count of each pitcher after each half inning. The winning team is responsible to submit game pitch counts to the league website directly after the game or the following morning to ensure reports are up to date for all managers.
9. BASE RUNNING: No lead-offs are permitted until the ball has reached the batter. Rule 7.13 A runner must slide or avoid contact with a fielder for the safety of all involved Rule 7.08 A3
10. DEFENSE: Each defense will consist of nine (9) players, a pitcher, catcher, first, second, third, shortstop, and three outfielders.
11. CHATTER: Chatter will only be allowed as positive cheering for the team. There will be no chatter that includes using the words pitcher or catcher or raising the level of chatter as the pitcher is pitching a ball. All chatter must stop when the pitcher goes set. Rule 4.06
12. PINCH RUNNER: Rule 7.14 will not apply due to continuous batting order. If a player becomes injured and cannot be a runner – the last recorded out may run for the injured player. If the injured player cannot return, he is skipped over (NO OUT) if he returns, he is reinserted into the lineup where he was.
13. PLAYER PROMOTIONS: If an “AAA” player is called up to the Majors Division, the team in which the player is selected may not have another player promoted from their team again that season. If player declines, he will be ineligible for all-stars during that season’s all-star season.
Lone Mountain Little League