STEM ‘N’ Treats: Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest & Esports
Oct 28 - Oct 29 (Sunday, Saturday)
12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Ages 8-17 · Co-Ed
Chehalem Parks and Recreation
From Oct 28, 2023 to Oct 29, 2023
Each Sunday from 12:30 PM to 04:30 PM
Each Saturday from 12:30 PM to 04:30 PM
This activity is on hold to further registration.EXPERIENCE
- 2-days of Halloween Fun: Participants are encouraged to dress up in their Halloween costumes and experience a weekend of Halloween-themed STEM challenges and thrills! Each day will also feature special esports competitions and fun physical activities at our gym and sports fields.
- STEM Challenges with Minecraft: In our STEM ‘N Treats camp, participants will be challenged to create fun, virtual pumpkin carvings in Minecraft. Carve a spooky pumpkin, your favorite video game characters, or anything your imagination decides! Each participant will be given a pre-built pumpkin, design examples, and be working together to create a Halloween scene that is sure to excite! Personal instruction and guidance will be provided by coaches when needed.
- Video Capturing: Participants will learn how to create their own video captures to share their builds and experiences with friends and families!
- Featured Games: During our daily esports competitions, participants get a chance to team up and compete together in a college atmosphere! This will include additional freeplay opportunities to enjoy popular game titles such as Apex Legends, Brawlhalla, Fall Guys, Fortnite, MultiVersus, Rocket League, and so much more!
- Gym & Sports Activities: When it’s time for off-screen breaks, we will be hosting various activities at our gym and sports fields.
SKILLSThe 3 C's - Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking
- Design/Art: Participants will take part in designing fun, creative, and imaginative pumpkin carvings.
- Pop Culture: Participants will pull inspiration from their favorite movies, television shows, video games, and memes.
- Video Capturing: Each participant will be guided in creating their own video captures to share their projects with their friends and families.
- Teamwork: Participants will be encouraged to team up together to enjoy special esports competitions and freeplay opportunities using popular video game titles!
- Open to age groups 8-12 & 13-17 – All skill levels welcome
- Each participant receives access to their own Professional Gaming PC
- Includes dynamic STEM challenges, activities, learning objectives, & competitions
- Play & learn from collegiate esports athletes & coaches
- Meet & engage with peers in a fun & safe environment
- Exercise creativity, collaboration, & critical thinking
- Immersive experience with small camp sizes & personal coaching
- Includes off-screen breaks for physical activities and balance
- Create video captures to share with friends & family
FAQWILL I NEED TO BRING ANY GAMING EQUIPMENT/ACCESSORIES?Each participant will be provided their own Professional Gaming PC. These are state-of-the-art MSI PCs that include a headset, keyboard, mouse, and controllers. You are welcome to bring your own controllers from home if you prefer!
WILL FOOD OR DRINKS BE SERVED AT THE CAMP?We encourage families to send their children with snacks from home, especially if your child has specific dietary needs or is a picky eater.
For our full-day camps, we are pleased to inform you that lunch will be provided to all campers. Our aim is to ensure that your child has a satisfying meal during their time with us.
However, please note that lunch and snacks will not be provided at our half-day camps. We kindly request that you send your child with any necessary snacks they might need during the half-day sessions.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE DROP OFF AND PICK UP TIMES?Participants may be dropped off 15 mins before each camp day and picked up within 15 mins after at the Wheeler Center & Miller Gymnasium (1200 Fulton St, Newberg, OR 97132). We ask Parents/Guardians to please sign their child in/out each day unless other arrangements have been made with coaches or a participant is of legal age to drive.
LOST AND FOUNDGeorge Fox University and ESOGA are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Found items will be held with George Fox University administration. Any unclaimed items will be donated or discarded after 30 days.
CHILD CARE DISCLAIMERPlease note that George Fox University is not a child-care facility or day-care center and is not otherwise licensed or overseen by any governmental authority in the state of Oregon. Participants and parents are expected to follow George Fox University’s player guidelines and code of conducts which are provided at the time of registration.
Wheeler Sports Complex, address 1200 Fulton St in Newberg. Enter the doors that are on the same level as the football field.
Chehalem Parks and Recreation