GPH - Flag Football U14
Feb 12 - Apr 16 (Saturday)
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Ages 1-15 · Co-Ed
Greater Palm Harbor YMCA Branch
From Feb 12, 2022 to Apr 16, 2022
Each Saturday from 08:30 AM to 01:00 PM
We're sorry, but this class/activity is over. The last meeting was Saturday, April 16, 2022.
The YMCA of the Suncoast and Palm Harbor Rec Centre are teaming together to create a Palm Harbor flag football program geared toward players who want to learn how to play the sport, brush up on the rules, tactics and skills, improve their game and most importantly - HAVE FUN! Please thoroughly read all program details below.
Important Season Dates for U14:
- 1/31 Registration Deadline
- 2/2 REQUIRED Coaches' Meeting via Zoom
- 2/3 REQUIRED Parents Meeting via Zoom
- 2/5 Skills assessment for U9 and U12 leagues
- 2/8 Rosters sent out to parents and coaches
- 2/12 Practices begin for ALL teams
- 2/19 Preseason game
- 2/26 First Regular Game
- 3/14 - 3/19 Spring Break - No games
- 4/2 Last regular season game
- 4/9 Playoffs start
- 4/16 Championship and Consolation Games
- Each team, regardless of age group, will have no more than 3 cleared YMCA Volunteer Coaches. Each coach can bring their own child on their team.
- U14 teams will be allowed to form their own teams with a cap of 12 players.
- If you feel your child is comfortable enough to play up, they are more than welcome to play up an age group. However, no one will be able to play down.
- Practices will take place once a week based on coaching availability.
- Practices will begin the week of February 7th
- Games will take place on Saturday mornings at The Centre or Palm Field
- Games Schedule will be sent out by Friday February 11th
Fee: $85 for full members, $125 for basic members
Participants must have a good pair of tennis shoes or cleats (no metal cleats), athletic shorts with no pockets, a mouth guard, water, and sunscreen. The YMCA will provide a team shirt and mouth guard for every player.
- Health survey questionnaire before each practice and game
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all participants and coaches before and after each practice and game
- Proper social distancing techniques on the sidelines- 6 feet apart at all times
- Equipment will be sanitized before and after each practice and game
- Limit of 12 people per team
YMCA sports are based upon seven guiding principles: everyone plays, safety first, fair play, positive competition, sports for all, sports for fun, and family involvement. Our leagues are supported by parent volunteers who are engaged as coaches, referees, and raving fans. If you are interested in being a volunteer this season please contact Amanda Polacek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Director: Amanda Polacek, email@example.com
For more information about this or any of our classes, please call 727-787-9622.
Branch: Employee Discount
Branch: Classes/Activities - PHP
YMCA Staff & Volunteers
YMCA of the Suncoast