Basketball: Youth-Boys-Ages 6-8-Beginner-Fall 2022
Oct 10 - Dec 10 (Saturday)
4:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Ages 6-9 · Males Only
From Oct 10, 2022 to Dec 10, 2022
Each Saturday from 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- 6 to 8 division teams play 5 v 5.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Fridays or Saturdays
Youth Basketball Rules: www.ParkerRec.com/YouthSportsRules - Rules change per divisions. Be sure to review the Basketball At-a-Glance Document.
- Standings are not kept.
- Score is NOT displayed on the score board.
- No free throws
- Double dribble WILL be allowed
- Over and back violation WILL NOT be enforced
- Three second rule WILL NOT be enforced
- No score will be placed on the scoreboard
- No fouls are recorded
- Hoop Height: 8 feet
Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Beginner Recreational: The Beginner Recreational Division is recommended for players with little to no previous experience. Beginner divisions are designed to be more focused on learning the game, developing skills and playing for fun. Please review the descriptions for Upper and Beginner Recreational team before registering.
- Age is determined by the participant's age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience.
• Equipment Needs: Wear shorts and athletic shoes. Basketballs (Size 27.5) are provided for use at practices and games. Jerseys are included. • All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Bill Wilson at email@example.com.• You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.• Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec - Game schedules will be available after the coaches meeting. • Skip Dates: November 21 - 26, 2022
Youth (6 -18)
Practices are located at the Parker Fieldhouse for Fall 2022. Games are played at the Parker Fieldhouse.
Parker Parks and Recreation