Swim Lessons: Preschool 2/3 COMBO
Feb 02 - Feb 25 (Tuesday, Thursday)
9:20 AM - 9:50 AM
Ages 3-6 · Co-Ed
Parker Recreation Center
From Feb 02, 2021 to Feb 25, 2021
Each Tuesday from 09:20 AM to 09:50 AM
Each Thursday from 09:20 AM to 09:50 AM
This activity has been cancelled.
Preschool Level 2/3 COMBO: Ages 3 to 5 years (formerly Orca and Flipper)
In Preschool Aquatics Level 2/3, instructors will reinforce water safety concepts and skills introduced in earlier levels and introduce additional water safety topics. Some of the milestones in Preschool Aquatics Level 2/3 include:
- Stepping from the side into chest-deep water.
- Pushing off the bottom and moving into a treading or floating position for 15 seconds, swimming on front and/or back for five body lengths and then exiting the water.
- Moving into a back float for 15 seconds, rolling to front then recovering to a vertical position.
- Pushing off and swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for five body lengths.
- Rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim for five body lengths.
* All Preschool Aquatics Level 2/3 skills are performed with assistance or independently.
Class ratio of participant to instructor is 5:1.
Early Childhood (0-6)
Nancy Biesemeier Dee
Parker Parks and Recreation