RE 9 Level 2 Gymnastics 715pm
Oct 05 - Oct 26 (Monday)
7:15 PM - 8:15 PM
Ages 7-15 · Co-Ed
Gymnastics Level 2 - is a great class for beginner gymnasts who are ready to start learning more advanced skills.
CPRD's progressive gymnastics curriculum concentrates on specific progression to allow for each gymnast to safely learn the proper technique involved in each skill. This class will introduce level 2 skills necessary to move up to our level 3 class. This will focus on skills that build into routines on bar, beam vault, and floor. In addition to perfecting Level 1 skills, they will also be working on round-offs, bridge kick-over, back hip circles, squat-ons, board drills, and slightly more advanced jumping, leaping, agility movements. We will be learning skills, basic routines, and conditioning. Students will stay in level 2 until they have passed our level 2 skill test.
- Please wear appropriate workout clothing (leotards recommended but not required).
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be kept back.
- Please remove jewelery before class.
- Socks and shoes must be taken off before class.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Parents are welcome to stay to watch class. However parents and family are not allowed on the floor or on any of the equipment before, during or after class. All parents and family members are to stay in the seated area during classes.
- Students are not allowed on any equipment before or after their scheduled class time.
- Instructors will advance students based on skill mastery in current level, this means that your child may repeat the same level several times before the skills have been mastered. Once the student has passed our skill test the teacher will approve them to move up. Students cannot move up without teacher approval. If a student is signed up for a level higher then they can perform at (without teacher approval) they will be bumped down to the correct level at teachers discretion, and not allowed in the higher level class due to safety reasons, there are no exceptions. Please know that students may stay in a certain level for more than one session until they can safely pass our skill tests.
- For your child's safety, warm-ups are required to attend classes. If your child arrives late to a class, warm up must be completed to participate.
- Make-ups You may make up a class by attending another class of a comparable level. Please use make-ups within the current session. Instructors can advise as to comparable class levels and times. Please notify instructor when using a make-up.
AR Main Hall at Armory Complex
Gymnastics Instructor .
Chehalem Parks and Recreation