Baseball: Youth-Coach Pitch Ages 8 to10 Beginner-Summer 2020
May 18 - Jul 25 (Monday, Saturday)
4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Ages 8-11 · Co-Ed
Salisbury Equestrian Park & Sports Complex
From May 18, 2020 to Jul 25, 2020
Each Monday from 04:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Each Saturday from 04:00 PM to 10:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
All Parker Recreation leagues are designed to be safe, educational and to create a place for athletes to have fun while building important social skills such as self-confidence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Each participant will play at least half of each game.
- The 8 to 10 division teams play with 10 players in the field and all teammates will bat one time each inning.
- Each team receives one, one-hour practice per week and games on Fridays or Saturdays. Double headers may be played throughout the season.
- Helmets will not be provided for practices. Players should provide their own bat and helmet in addition to traditional baseball gear. Discounts and scholarships are available for equipment needs. In order to rent a helmet from the Sports Department, please email Paige Burkett at Pburkett@parkeronline.org
Youth Baseball Rules: www.ParkerRec.com/YouthSportsRules
- Coaches will pitch to their own players. Each batter receives 5 pitches and 3 tee attempts if needed.
- Score and standings are not kept.
- Each Player bats one time through regardless of outs
- No stealing bases
- No leading off bases
Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Beginner Recreational: All registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. The Beginner Recreational Division is recommended for players with little to no previous baseball experience. Beginner divisions are designed to be more focused on learning the game, developing skills and playing for fun. Please carefully review the descriptions for Upper and Beginner Recreational teams before registering.
Age is determined by the participant's age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience
All registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Recreational leagues focus on basic skill development and game knowledge, and are designed for players of varying skill levels.
- Age is determined by the participants age on the final date of each season. Players may not play up or down (outside of their age range). For ages that overlap, please choose the best division based on your child's size, skill and previous playing experience.
The following measures have been added for participant and staff safety.
- 6 feet Physical Distancing will be encouraged whenever possible
- Participants must self-screen for COVID Symptoms and temperature and may not attend if sick or exhibiting a temperature of 100.4 or higher
- Hand washing/sanitizing will be required upon arrival and throughout the day. Please bring sanitizer if possible.
- Shared equipment will be disinfected between sessions and between users.
- No high-fives, hugs, or handshakes will be allowed
- No sharing of food or drink
- Spectators may not stay for the duration of camp. One (1) spectator may stay to see the session started and may arrive 10 minutes prior to the end time for pick up. Spectators must remain spaced by 6 feet at all times and must wear a mask.
- Employees and participants are required to wear a face mask whenever possible. Masks are not required during moderate to heavy physical exertion, provided physical distancing is being practiced. Please wear a mask when entering/exiting the facility and whenever else possible.
- Class capacity is limited to 10 participants per group. Groups will not be mixed. (INDOOR)
- Class capacity is limited to 25 participants per group. Groups will not be mixed. (OUTDOOR)
Specific information about this division’s Safe Return plan and FAQs can be found at www.ParkerRec.com/Sports.
Any facility or program that opens during the Safe Return phased reopening will comply with current state and public health recommendations and will adhere to strict safety protocols for both patrons and staff. Please make the following commitments to contribute to a safe return:
- I will stay home if I feel sick.
- I will practice social distancing and not gather in large groups.
- I will wash my hands often. While outdoors, I will use hand sanitizer.
- I will cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze.
- I will avoid touching my eyes, nose and mouth.
- I will wear a face mask whenever possible.
- Equipment Needs:Wear athletic clothing meant for outdoor weather conditions. Participants will need to provide a mitt. Rubber molded cleats or tennis shoes are permitted. You may also bring your own bat. Coaches will receive a bat, baseballs (Teeball) and four helmets. Jerseys and hats are included.
- All teams are coached by volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Karinne Monn at email@example.com.
- You will hear from your coach five to seven days prior to the season start date. Be sure you note which coach you picked during registration.
- Game Schedules: www.TeamSideline.com/parkerrec - Game schedules will be available after the coaches meeting.
- Skip Dates: May 25, July 2 through July 4. Games begin on May 29 or May 30.
- MASKS: Employees and participants are required to wear a face mask whenever possible. Masks are not required during moderate to heavy physical exertion, provided physical distancing is being practiced.
- TBD but spectators are requested to be limited for youth sports.
Youth (6 -18)
Practices will be held at Salisbury Equestrian Park or Iron Horse Park. Games are played at Salisbury Equestrian Park.
Parker Parks and Recreation