Swim Lessons: Preschool 1
Feb 02 - Feb 25 (Tuesday, Thursday)
8:40 AM - 9:10 AM
Ages 3-6 · Co-Ed
Parker Recreation Center
From Feb 02, 2021 to Feb 25, 2021
Each Tuesday from 08:40 AM to 09:10 AM
Each Thursday from 08:40 AM to 09:10 AM
This activity has been cancelled.
Preschool Level 1: Ages 3 to 5 years (formerly Guppy and Minnow)
In Preschool Aquatics Level 1, your child is introduced to basic skills. These skills lay the foundation for developing water competency and the future skill development of swimming strokes. In addition, your child starts to develop positive attitudes and safe practices around the water. Certain milestones are necessary for successful completion of Preschool Aquatics Level 1, including:
- Entering the water independently using ramp, steps or side and travel at least five yards.
- Submerging mouth and blowing bubbles for at least three seconds.
- Exiting the water safely.
- Gliding on front for at least two body lengths with support.
- Rolling to back and floating for three seconds with support.
- Recovering to a vertical position with support.
* All Preschool Aquatics Level 1 skills may be performed with support.
Class ratio of participant to instructor is 5:1.
Early Childhood (0-6)
Nancy Biesemeier Dee
Parker Parks and Recreation