Swim Lessons: Preschool 3
Feb 02 - Feb 25 (Tuesday, Thursday)
4:40 PM - 5:10 PM
Ages 3-6 · Co-Ed
Parker Recreation Center
From Feb 02, 2021 to Feb 25, 2021
Each Tuesday from 04:40 PM to 05:10 PM
Each Thursday from 04:40 PM to 05:10 PM
This activity has been cancelled.
Preschool Level 3: Ages 3 to 5 years (formerly Orca and Flipper)
In Preschool Aquatics Level 3, instructors will reinforce water safety concepts and skills introduced in earlier levels and introduce additional water safety topics. Some of the milestones in Preschool Aquatics Level 3 include:
- Stepping from the side into chest-deep water.
- Pushing off the bottom and moving into a treading or floating position for 15 seconds, swimming on front and/or back for five body lengths and then exiting the water.
- Moving into a back float for 15 seconds, rolling to front then recovering to a vertical position.
- Pushing off and swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for five body lengths.
- Rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim for five body lengths.
* All Preschool Aquatics Level 3 skills are performed independently.
Class ratio of participant to instructor is 5:1.
Early Childhood (0-6)
Parker Parks and Recreation