Swim Lesson-Seahorse-Level 3-Villegas
Jun 28 - Jul 08 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
4:55 PM - 5:25 PM
Ages 4-18 · Co-Ed
Villegas Park/Ysmael Villegas Community Center
From Jun 28, 2021 to Jul 08, 2021
Each Monday from 04:55 PM to 05:25 PM
Each Tuesday from 04:55 PM to 05:25 PM
Each Wednesday from 04:55 PM to 05:25 PM
Each Thursday from 04:55 PM to 05:25 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
- Ages: Recommended Age – 5-17
- This class is designed as an introduction to the water and builds on skills learned in level 2.
- Participants will be more independent and be able to swim on their own for short distances.
- Prerequisite: Child must be able to perform all skills learned in level 2 and be able to swim briefly on their own.
- Skill Level: Beginner with some experience with swim instruction.
- Objective: This course begins fundamental locomotor skills to build a foundation for professional swimming
- Participants learn to perform these skills with support and assistance. A successful level 3 participant:
- Swim independently on their fronts and back (15 yd)
- Dolphin kick/elementary backstroke kick (15 yd)
- Front float/back float (30 sec.)
- Breathe bi-laterally
- Retrieve an object submerged underwater.
- Submerge independently and explore underwater.
Please be advised that we will be following all Covid -19 safety procedures. This may include changes in our curriculum, wearing of masks, keeping social distance and small groups.
Activity Secondary Category
3091 Esperanza St
City of Riverside - Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department