Sharks Swim Team Beginner/Intermediate
Feb 16 - Apr 09 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
3:50 PM - 4:50 PM
Ages 6-17 · Co-Ed
Swim Center Pool
From Feb 16, 2021 to Apr 09, 2021
Each Tuesday from 03:50 PM to 04:50 PM
Each Wednesday from 03:50 PM to 04:50 PM
Each Thursday from 03:50 PM to 04:50 PM
Each Friday from 03:50 PM to 04:50 PM
Come and join the City of Santa Monica's novice swim team, The Sharks!
Participate in coached workouts designed to build endurance, enhance
technique and introduce novice swimmers into the world of swimming.
Starts, turns, competitive strokes and more are taught.
CANCELLATION OR REFUNDS: REFUNDS FOR COMMUNITY CLASSES, BEACH HOUSE CLASSES, COMMUNITY AQUATICS- A $15.00 processing fee applies for each activity refunded. Request must be made in writing to the program supervisor in person or by fax (310) 450-5076, mail or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued only if requested within one day after the first class meeting. REFUNDS FOR DUPLICATE/MULTIPLE ENROLLMENTS resulting from multiple registration submissions (at one or more registration sites including online) will be subject to a $15.00 processing fee each activity refunded.
Credit Card and E-Check Convenience Fee Update
On October 27, 2020, the Santa Monica City Council adopted a resolution to pass off credit card / debit card convenience fees from the credit card processor to the customer. These convenience fees were previously absorbed by the City, with ActiveNet convenience fees set at 2.95% of the amount of the transaction. This change took effect on January 1, 2021.
For detail information please visit: https://www.smgov.net/departments/clerk/agendas.aspx City Council Meeting: October 27, 2020 Agenda Item: 3.E
- All athletes will be required to wear face coverings to enter the facility through a designated entrance.
- Please bring a plastic Ziploc bag to store your mask during practice. Swimmers will be required to put their mask on immediately after exiting the pool.
- Keep a 6ft physical distance from other swimmers, coaches and staff to minimize contact. Practice personal hygiene and refrain from touching the face.
- Santa Monica College Parking structures will remain closed, parking will be available on the street (follow all posted signs) or in parking lot #6 on the corner of 14th Street & Pico.
- Please review https://santa-monica-atp8.squarespace.com/s/parking-lot-6-walking-distance-and-17th-entrance-not-available.pdf for parking lot location and where to enter and exit the facility.
- Winter Session is schedules for February 16th to April 2nd.
1st day tryouts. Currently LA County Department of Public Health guidelines permits only one swimmer per lane. In order to comply with these guidelines we will split up the groups and swim on separate days. Swimmers assigned to Coach Ken will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Swimmers assigned to Coach Will will meet on Wednesdays and Fridays. Since this will reduce the numbers of practices, the fee for this session is prorated.
Our priority is to get back in the water safely and as soon as we can while following state, county and local guidelines. We are making every effort to provide meaningful and safe programs for the youth of Santa Monica. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during these times. Dates may be subject to change depending on the current information that is given to us from our local officials.
Optional Community Classes/Aquatics
2225 16th Street
City of Santa Monica