Art in the Park
May 18 - Jun 22 (Tuesday)
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Ages 11-15 · Co-Ed
Ed Wilhelm Field
From May 18, 2021 to Jun 22, 2021
Each Tuesday from 03:30 PM to 05:00 PM
This activity is closed to further registration.
Have fun drawing with black, white and colored drawing materials outside in two different parks (Ed Wilhelm Field & The Plaza at Old Philadelphia Avenue and Maple Avenue). Subjects will include deep space and close up landscape elements, botanical drawings and floral studies. Beginning students are welcome. The focus of the class is appropriate for students interested in developing a sketchbook for entry into the Visual Arts Center at Albert Einstein High School. A list of optional drawing material will be sent to registered students. Students are welcome to draw with a pencil eraser or sketch paper sketchbook. This class is weather dependent. Masks and physical distancing will be required during class. There will be no restrooms available on site. Students will be allowed to return home if they need to use the restroom.
These classes are FREE during the COVID-19 pandemic, but space is limited so registration is required.
Online Notes for ActiveNet:
- Check in and provide their name at the start of the program.
- Wear a mask unless they can physically distance (a minimum of 6 feet) from other participants.
- Disinfect their hands prior to entering the program and after touching shared items.
- Remain 6 feet apart from all other participants outside of family members.
- Not congregate before or after the program in areas such as parking lots, fields, playgrounds etc.
- Inform Takoma Park Recreation Department immediately if they become sick or have contact with a person who has a diagnosis of COVID-19.
Things to bring with you:
Activity Other Category
6th Grade - 8th Grade
Ed Wilhelm Field 2 at Ed Wilhelm Field
Ed Wilhelm Field at Ed Wilhelm Field
Kathryn Dell Kaufman
Takoma Park Recreation Department