OUTDOOR Volleyball League (7th/8th Grade)
Apr 05 - May 10 (Monday)
3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Ages 12-15 · Co-Ed
From Apr 05, 2021 to May 10, 2021
Each Monday from 03:30 PM to 07:00 PM
We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Monday, May 10, 2021.
*Space is limited due to COVID restrictions, field availability and staff.*
We miss our sports leagues! We are starting are excited to be offering an OUTDOOR Volleyball League for 5th/6th & 7th/8th graders. This 6 week league will feature one practice a week (practices will be outside in purple tier, but can be held indoors once Butte County is in red tier) and one game a week (5 game guarantee). Games will be outdoors at Community Park in the grass. Each player will receive a team shirt on-site before their first game.
Each team will be coached by a paid CARD staff, trained in COVID guidelines and our Youth Sports expectations highlighting a love of the game.
Space is limited due to COVID restrictions, field availability and staff.
FOR CARD YOUTH & ADULT LEAGUES COVID REQUIREMENTS, please review www.chicorec.com/athletics.
COMMUNICATIONS: CARD and your coach will be using email as the primary form of communication. Please make sure to check your junk mail if you do not receive any correspondence from an @chicorec.com email by 3/26.
TEAM FORMATION: Teams will be formed by skills evaluations. Each player must be registered and attend a skills evaluation before they will be eligible to be placed on a team. You will be emailed your assigned skills evaluation time by Friday, March 26.
Buddy requests must be made during the registration process (there is a question for buddy requests when you register) and will not be accepted after registration is complete. Only one buddy request is allowed per player and "buddies" must request each other to be valid.
5th/6th Grade League Skills Evaluation: Thursday, April 1 at 4:15 or 5:30PM at Community Park.
7th/8th Grade League Skills Evaluation: Monday, March 29 at 4:15 or 5:30PM at Community Park.
TEAM UPDATES: Your coach will email you an with your specific team information (introduction, team reminders and updates) by 4/2 by 5PM.
PRACTICES: Practice requests are not available. Please make sure your player is available at the below days/times. To limit the number of people on-site, parent/guardians are not allowed to stay on-site during practices. All players and spectators must leave site immediately after team is done with practices/games (please do not linger).
- 5th/6th Grade League will practice on Thursdays from 4/8-5/13 at Community Park. Practice will be 1.5 hours, and will vary by team between 3:30-7 PM (your coach will confirm your practice time) at "Arron Ray Clark Memorial" Field House gym at Community Park.
- 7th/8th Grade League will practice on Mondays from 4/5-5/10 at Community Park. Practice will be 1.5 hours, and will vary by team between 3:30-7 PM (your coach will confirm your practice time) at "Arron Ray Clark Memorial" Field House gym at Community Park.
GAMES: Games will be held outside in the grass at Community Park. Make sure to visit www.ChicoRec.com/fields one hour before each scheduled game to confirm field and weather conditions. To limit the number of people on-site, only ONE parent/guardian per player is allowed to attend games. All players and spectators must leave site immediately after team is done with practices/games (please do not linger).
- Game schedules for the entire season will be posted online at www.Teamsideline.com/chico by Friday, April 9 by 5PM.
5th/6th Grade Leagues games will be on Fridays from 4/16-5/14 at Community Park. Games are approximately one hour. Game times will vary each week, between the hours for 4-7PM.
- 7th/8th Grade Leagues games will be on Fridays from 4/16-5/14 at Community Park. Games are approximately one hour. Game times will vary each week, between the hours for 4-7PM.
- Spectators must sit on the opposite sideline of players & staff, be masked at all times, and maintain social distancing between households. Bring your own chair!
COVID REQUIREMENTS: Please visit www.ChicoRec.com/athletics for all COVID requirements. Masks are required at all times for players, staff, parents and anyone on site. Players will each be assigned a "break area" that they can go to if they need to remove their mask at any time. Social distancing is required by all spectators in the program area. Hand sanitizer will be used during all breaks in practices, before/after games, and in between sets.
Field House Gym Full Court at Arron Ray Clark Field House
Community - CP Softball Field 2 at Community Park
Community - CP Softball Field 1 at Community Park
Chico Area Recreation and Park District