Learn to Swim Level 1
Jun 11 - Jul 02 (Saturday)
3:10 PM - 3:40 PM
Ages 6-15 · Co-Ed
Mountain View High School Pool
From Jun 11, 2022 to Jul 02, 2022
Each Saturday from 03:10 PM to 03:40 PM
We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Saturday, July 2, 2022.The objective of Level 1 is to learn basic personal water safety information and skills to help participants feel comfortable in the water and to enjoy the water safely. Participants will learn elementary aquatic skills, which they will build on as they progress through the six Learn to Swim levels. Most skills will be completed with assistance from the instructor.
In order to pass Level 1, children must be able to complete the following skills:
- Enter and exit the water using step, side, or ladder.
- Blow bubbles.
- Complete a bob.
- Open eyes under water and retrieve an object.
- Front float, back float, front glide, and back glide.
- Recover to a vertical position.
- Roll from front to back and back to front.
- Demonstrate treading water movement.
- Arm action on front and on back.
- Leg action on front and on back.
- Combined arm and leg action on front and on back.
Please bring your receipt to the first day of class.
MVHS Lane 06 at Mountain View High School Pool
City of Mountain View